Curtains need a lot of care as they are exposed to many things. Curtains can catch a lot of dust and stains easily. There are many possibilities that can cause a stain on the curtains and many stains can be removed easily whereas most of the stains are hard to remove. Paint stains are some of the most common types of stains that can harm curtains. Removing these stains is not easy as they can be stubborn. You can remove these stains using homemade remedies and also hire experts to do this. Although there are many ways How To Remove Paint Stain From Curtain, to know the best ways you can read the blog completely.
Steps To Remove Paint Stain From Curtain-
Step 1- Scrape Off Wet Paint- This step is important in how to remove paint stain from curtain. If you act quickly you can stop the paint from spreading in the curtains. Use a knife to scrape the paint stain before it gets in the curtain fabric and dries up. Make sure you don’t push the paint deeper inside the fabric of the curtains.
Step 2- Wash With The Detergent- Once you remove the excess paint from the surface of the curtains, wash them with the detergent. Mix some amount of dishwashing detergent with cold water. Dip a clean cloth in the solution and dab it on the stains. The best way to do it is to firmly twist your curtains into the paint spot so it saturates easily.
Step 3- Rinse- Take a clean cloth and dip it into clean water and later rinse the detergent from the curtains. Make sure the stains are gone or else repeat this process once again to remove the stains thoroughly from the curtains.
Step 4- Blot The Remaining Stains- If the stains are non-washable, blot the remaining stains with the help of acetone. And if the fabric is washable you can apply a pretreating stain remover to get rid of the remaining stains.
3 Best Options To Remove Paint Stains-
- Rubbing Alcohol- Rubbing alcohol is one of the best solutions to get rid of the paint stains from the curtains.
- Dampen the curtain fabric in hot water and clean it with a clean cloth.
- Later pour the rubbing alcohol on the stained spot and rub the curtain against itself.
- Then use a laundry brush to scrub the stain out of the curtain.
- Once the stains are removed, rinse it with warm water.
- Later you can wash the curtains in the washing machine.
- Using A Cleaning Solution- One of the best cleaning solutions for cleaning a paint stain is a mixture of dishwasher and hand soap. This is especially useful for fresh paint stains.
- For this method, mix the dishwasher and hand soap in one to one ratio in a tiny bowl.
- Pour the solution on the stains and later wash it with clean water.
- Once it is cleaned with a cleaning solution later add this to the washing machine to clean it thoroughly.
- Use Glycerine- Glycerine is also one of the best solutions for paint stain removal. This is mainly useful in removing the oil-based paints at your home. You can also use isopropyl alcohol or hair spray to remove paint stains from the curtains.
- Pour glycerine on the stained part and let it settle on the stain for about 10 minutes so that the dried paint will soften.
- Take an old toothbrush and rub the glycerine on the stains.
- Take a bowl and fill it with turpentine and soak the stained area for about 15 to 30 minutes in turpentine.
- Later rinse the curtains using cold water and if the stain is still persistent you can repeat the previous step.
- At last, wash the curtains in a washing machine or by hand with a detergent to remove the remaining stains effectively.
Get Professional Cleaning Services- Remove Any Stain Easily
You can remove almost all the stains from the curtains but still, some stains are stubborn and hard to get rid of. In such cases, you will require professional help. Professionals have high knowledge and expensive tools that help them in removing the stains and also deodorising the curtains.
There are many options for you to choose the professional curtain cleaners in Sydney. You can hire professional curtain cleaners from Captain curtain cleaning Sydney. We have all the best tools and techniques to remove paint stains from curtains. To get your curtains cleaned by our experts, call now on 02 4058 2575.